I had a few requests during the event for a list of panelists and exhibitors at the FRESH screening at Pequot Library on Wednesday, August 12 so here they are. These respected members of the local-sustainable food movement took the time to serve as panelists and/or exhibitors, and also helped spread the word to their contacts, members and customers, resulting in a sold out audience of 200! Check out the pics below to see what a great time everyone had.
Moderated by Analiese Paik, Founder Fairfield GreenFood Guide
- Bill Duesing, Executive Director of CT NOFA
- Sue Cadwell, Chef/Owner Health in a Hurry
- Deb Marsden, Founder CT Farm Fresh Express (CTFFE)
- Environmentalist Janak Desai and Ken Kleban of Kleban Properties, co-founders of Fairfield’s Farmer’s Market at the Brick Walk
- Annelise McCay, Founder Sherman School garden, and Amie G. Hall, Holistic Health Counselor and Cooking Coach, Founder Fairfield Ludlowe and Fairfield Woods Middle School square food gardens
A special thank you to Amie G. Hall for finding videographer Janet Luongo, literally at the 11th hour, to tape the event for publication on YouTube and screening on public access television. Janet, thank you so much for enabling us to share this event with so many more people.
A huge thanks to our host Pequot Library. The auditorium and Community Reading Room are such beautiful and spacious rooms that we were all quite comfortable despite our numbers. One of our guests was a blogger from Brooklyn and he posted about the fine venue and their rather forward thinking leadership.
- Pequot Library
- Fairfield Green Food Guide
- CT NOFA
- CT Farm Fresh Express
- Health in a Hurry
- Fairfield Farmers’ Market at The Brick Walk
- Fairfield Edible School Gardens
- CT Farmland Trust (at CT NOFA table)
- Bluebelle Muffins, Jerri Graham
- Organic Gardening Simplified, Nick Mancini
- The Double L Farmstand, Lloyd Allen
- Aspetuck Land Trust, David Brant and John Hamlin
- Sport Hill Farm, Patti Popp
- Fairfield Earth Day Committee & Clean Energy Commission, Larry