- Learn how to incubate, brood, and gather eggs in your very own backyard
- Become familiar with each critical step in caring for your chicks, providing the right environment and nurturing them to lay eggs
- You will get a resource book teaching you every step of the way as well as Millstone farm expertise
- Tour the farm and see our state of the art mobile chicken coop
- Interactive hands-on learning
Cost: $30 payable to Millstone Farm by cash or check.
When: April 24th
Time: 1:00PM to 4:00PM
Where: Millstone Farm, 180 Millstone Road, Wilton, CT 06897
Space is limited so please call or email: email@example.com or 203 834 2605. l. We will reserve 5 spots free of cost for Non-profit organization, educators and pre-schools.
About Millstone farm:
Millstone Farm is a 75-acre property in Wilton, CT. We are a working farm whose mission is to achieve a sustainable and economic farm model. The farm also serves as a hub for education and outreach, where we host workshops and action-learning activities, and partner with farmers, community organizations, school groups, restaurateurs, and others interested in learning about diverse, chemical-free farming. Our practices are geared towards achieving a closed loop system where the farm’s varied parts contribute to the whole working body. Our activities include; organic pasture management, rare breed animal husbandry for eggs, meat, wool,
and breeding, bio-intensive vegetable and fruit production, maple syrup harvest, and more. We produce for local restaurants, Wilton’s only family-owned supermarket, and a small CSA. We strive to use best farm
practices, encourage their implementation, and promote awareness about their positive impact on local economies, the community, and quality of life.