For Immediate Release
SUSTAINABLE FOOD AND BEVERAGE PIONEERS INCLUDING DRESSING ROOM FOUNDER MICHEL NISCHAN FEATURED AT TWO-DAY LIVE GREEN CONNECTICUT! FESTIVAL
NORWALK, CT – (August 16, 2010) – Scot Weicker and Daphne Dixon, co-founders of Live Green Connecticut! announced a partial list of featured guests and a sampling of the newest exhibitors for the September 18th-19th Festival to be held at Taylor Farm Park in Norwalk.
Michel Nischan, Dressing Room restaurant owner and founder, James Beard award-winning cookbook author and chef, sustainable food pioneer and CEO of the non-profit Wholesome Wave. Michel will be speaking at 1:00pm on Saturday, September 18th and signing his latest book, “Sustainably Delicious: Making the World a Better Place, One Recipe at a Time.” For a complete profile of Michel Nischan, click here.
- The Westport Farmers’ Market is bringing the market to the festival! Bring your reusable bags to shop for CT Grown fruit and produce and specialty foods like cheese, granola, coffee and tea. Lunches featuring locally grown meats, poultry, cheeses, vegetables and fruits are available from market vendors Sugar & Olives, Boxcar Cantina and Skinny Pines.
- Special screening of the documentary film Vanishing of the Bees at 1 pm on Sunday.
Marina Marchese, Red Bee Honey Founder, Beekeeper and Author will be speaking on Sunday, September 19th at 2:30pm following the screening of Vanishing of the Bees. Brush up on your honeybee and honey facts because 20 lucky audience members who correctly answer Marina’s trivia questions each will win a bottle of her artisan honey courtesy of Whole Foods Market Westport. The Martha Stewart Blog just posted a story about Marina & Red Bee Honey! For a complete profile of Marina Marchese, click here.
- Newman’s Own, Ducky Life Tea, Yumnuts and Catch a Healthy Habit have joined the list of exhibitors.
- Peace Tree Desserts and Taste by Karla Sorrentino will be serving their delicious foods using local ingredients. Peace Tree Desserts offers lovingly crafted desserts made using local ingredients and environmentally conscious practices to Fairfield County and the surrounding areas.
- Planet Fuel will be sampling and exhibiting delicious, low-sugar, organic juices for kids with no preservatives, additives or refined sugars. A portion of proceeds from Planet Fuel product sales goes to conservation groups working hard to protect habitats around the world.
- Snow Natural Soda + Vitamins All the fun, exuberance and delicious indulgence of soda without any of the unhealthy ingredients. Samples will be available.
- Analiese Paik, Founder of the Fairfield Green Food Guide, will be sharing information about the upcoming Farm-to-Chef Harvest Celebration Week sponsored by the CT Dept. of Agriculture. Sugar & Olives, Boxcar Cantina and Skinny Pines, mentioned above, are all participating in this special event highlighting the quality and diversity of CT Grown to be held during the week of September 26-October 2, 2010.
Weicker and Dixon stated: “We are so proud to have all of these wonderful businesses and organizations participating in Live Green CT! We are showcasing the best of Connecticut and there is a lot of excitement from our exhibitors and speakers. The message of our event is spreading, and people throughout the state are talking about it and looking forward to joining us September 18th and 19th at Taylor Farm Park in Norwalk.
Live Green Connecticut! will take place at Taylor Farm Park in Norwalk, Connecticut September 18th and 19th. Featured attractions and exhibits include marine ecology and nature center exhibits, wind and solar displays, farmer’s market, hands-on kid’s activities, environmental and conservation organizations and speakers, alternative fuel vehicles, landscape and garden centers, green careers and education, eco-art, eco-fashion, entertainment, food and beverages, the SoundWaters Schooner and so much more!
Proceeds of Live Green Connecticut! will benefit the Norwalk Seaport Association, SoundWaters, Norwalk River Valley Trail and the Calf Pasture Beach Wind Power Project.
Live Green Connecticut! will be a fun-filled two day festival which will promote education, business, non-profit organizations, green technology, recycling, conservation, health and wellness, climate protection and sustainable living. Eco-friendly businesses will showcase their green products and services. Individuals and families will come away with money saving ideas and tax incentive opportunities.
In order to be environmentally sensitive, Live Green Connecticut! has established an interactive website for the schedule of events, exhibitor information, registration and news leading up the festival. Please visit: www.livegreenct.com.
For more information on the festival, please contact:
Scot Weicker & Daphne Dixon, Co-Chairs
W: (203) 536-9377/(203) 536-4695
Live Green Connecticut!
P.O. Box 59
Old Greenwich, CT 06870
For media inquiries, please contact:
Aberdeen Associates, Inc.