Fairfield Town Guide
Fairfield Green Food Guide is pleased to present the Fairfield Town Guide. Our destination-specific pages are created for local-sustainable food enthusiasts who want to easily access the full array of resources offered in and around a town or city. Check back frequently for updates and feel free to contact us with submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farmers’ Markets (Please refer to the 2012 Guide to Farmers’ Marketsfor a complete and up-to-date listing)
- The Fairfield Farmers’ Market at the Greenfield Hill Grange is a winter market held on Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:00pm that will run through April. The market features a wide range of vendors providing everything from eggs, cheese, and vegetables and pastured lamb.The Fairfield Farmers’ Market at the Greenfield Hill Grange will close for the season in May and reopen a few weeks later as a spring/summer market at the same location. This is a producer only market. Please visit our Farmers’ Market page for complete information.
- The Fairfield Farmers’ Market in Greenfield Hill is held each Saturday from 12:30-4:00 on the green in the Grapes & Hops shopping plaza. Please visit our Farmers’ Market page for complete information.
Organic Farms & Farm Stands
- Sport Hill Farm, Easton (Farm stand, CSA and Crop Cash program, regular on-farm events and workshops, summer camps through The Unquowa School)
- Ambler Farm, Wilton (Farm stand, regular on-farm events and workshops, summer camps, apprentice program) Participate in Wilton Farmers’ Market.
- Millstone Farm, Wilton (regular on-farm events and workshops, seasonal dinners at the farm, tours, small CSA)
- Warrup’s Farm, Redding *Certified Organic (CSA, maple syrup demos, farm stand) Participate in Weston Farmers’ Market.
Organic Herbs Farms
- Gilbertie’s Herb Gardens, Westport, is a retail store selling everything you need for a USDA Organic edible herb and vegetable garden Gilbertie’s hosts on-site events and workshops, and is home to the winter Westport farmers’ market.
- Moorefield Herb Farm, Trumbull, is a regular participant in the Westport farmers’ market at Imperial Avenue and the Fairfield winter market at the Greenfield Hill Grange. Moorefield sells organic herbs, vegetable transplants, and flowers.
- Please refer to the CSA tab for a complete and up-to-date seasonal listing.
- Barcelona Farmigo CSA – order online from multiple farms and pick up at the Fairfield restaurant weekly.
School & Community Gardens
- Most of the public schools in Fairfield have established edible schoolyard gardens and the district recently received a grant to fund books that will tie the gardens to the curriculum. They are in continual need of sponsors and volunteers. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be put in touch with any of the schools’ parent-led gardening groups.
Online Ordering & Home Delivery of Locally Grown Food
- Connecticut Farm Fresh Express – serving all of CT with exclusively CT Grown and made foods. www.ctffe.com
- Graze - Vermont Artisanal Foods farm fresh to your door. http://www.grazedelivered.com/
- Port Coffeehouse, Black Rock, Bridgeport http://www.portcoffeehouse.com/
- Catch a Healthy Habit Cafe, Fairfield (organic, raw food cafe)
- The cafe at Whole Foods Market Fairfield - organic coffee
- The Stand Juice Company (at the Sportsplex)
- Michelle’s Pies, Norwalk and Westport (organic, Fair Trade coffee)
- Artisan (fine, seasonal, farm to table in the Delamar Hotel, Southport)
- Health in a Hurry, Fairfield (organic vegetarian food to go)
Catch a Healthy Habit Cafe, Fairfield (organic, raw food cafe)Closed November 2012
- Green Gourmet to Go, Black Rock (organic vegetarian food; currently on summer hiatus)
- Bloodroot, Bridgeport (organic vegetarian/vegan restaurant)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Fairfield (fast-food chain based on fresh, locally sourced ingredients, organic when possible, and humanely raised.) Also in Darien.
- Boxcar Cantina, Greenwich, upscale Southwestern food, a regular lunch vendor at the Westport farmers’ market, Green Restaurant Certified
- Elm, New Canaan (Chef Brian Lewis’ farm-to-table restaurant will open in March 2012 on Elm Street; serving modern American cuisine rooted in tradition and inspired by the seasons.)
- Le Pain Quotidien, Greenwich and New Canaan (source organic ingredients whenever possible and have green business practices)
- LeFarm, Westport (innovative local farm-to-table cuisine; Chef Bill Taibe was named a James Beard Foundation Award 2011 Semifinalist for Best Chef Northeast)
- The Whelk, Westport (local seafood eatery by Bill Taibe and Massimo Tulio)
- Farmer’s Table, New Canaan (Southwestern casual fare made with local meats and vegetables; features in-store mini farmers’ market, named one of top 4 chefs in New Canaan by Patch in 5/11)
- Terrain Garden Cafe, organic coffee and locally sourced cafe menu
- Schoolhouse at Cannondale, Wilton (elegant and refined regional farm-to-table cuisine)
- The Dressing Room, Westport (white tablecloth regional farm-to-table cuisine)
- The Boathouse at Saugatuck, Westport (refined regional farm-to-table cuisine; named one of Zagat’s America’s Best Restaurants for 2011)
- The Filling Station, New Canaan (hamburgers, hot dogs and sloppy joes made with organic raised beef from local farms, organic French fries, and hormone free & anti biotic free milkshakes)
- Napa & Co., Stamford (“innovative wine country cuisine made from organic, farm-fresh, seasonal ingredients”)
- Fat Cat Pie Company, Norwalk (pizza and salads made with organic and local ingredients)
- Sugar & Olives, Norwalk (local, sustainable farm-sourced ingredients, Green Restaurant Certified)
- The Stand Juice Company, Norwalk and opening soon at the Sportsplex in Fairfield (organic juice cleanses and casual menu using organic ingredients when possible)
- Restaurant North, Armonk (refined farm-to-table new American fare)
- Tarry Lodge, Westport and Port Chester (Green Restaurant Certified; some sourcing from local farms)
- Whole Foods Market Fairfield (opened June 3)
- Mrs. Green’s (wide variety of organic foods)
- Trader Joe’s, Fairfield (large scale organic only; no CT Grown or local artisan products)
- The Pantry, Fairfield (carry some local artisan products and greens, will be carrying grass fed beef)
- The Double L Market, Westport (year-round farmers’ market and artisan food retailer)
- The Organic Market, Westport (organic foods; also has a lunch counter, hot buffet and seating area). 285 Post Road East Westport, CT 06880-3613 - (203) 227-9007
- Walter Stewart’s Market, New Canaan (good selection of local and artisan foods)
- Red Bee Apiary & Gardens, Weston (by appointment only), sells single nectar source honeys and hosts artisanal honey tastings.
- Fairfield Cheese Company, Southport (local cheese and artisan products, sustainable artisan and farmstead products from New England)
- The Organic Market, Westport (also has a lunch counter, hot buffet and seating area). 285 Post Road East Westport, CT 06880-3613 - (203) 227-9007
Wine & Liquor
- Harry’s Wine & Liquor, Southport (CT Grown wines & spirits, organic and biodynamic wines)
- Betsy Keller, MS RD firstname.lastname@example.org specializing in whole food nutrition.
- Phoebe Cole-Smith, Personal Chef & Caterer, Weston. Phoebe Cole-Smith, a graduate of the French Culinary Institute in NYC (and former intern in the kitchen at Blue Hill at Stone Barns) is a personal chef and small-scale caterer whose clients support her use of the finest local and organic ingredients available. A backyard suburban want-to-be “farmer”, Phoebe and her husband tend chickens and bees, grow organic vegetables and flowers, and make maple syrup from the sugar maple trees on their property. Contact email@example.com.
- Daniel Lanzilotta, The Mindful Chef, personal chef and catering services. Chef Daniel Lanzilotta provides private,on-site intimate dinner parties for private events, small weddings and business dinners for discriminating hosts. Organic and traditional menus are created based upon a private interview to help meet the client’s vision and exceed their culinary expections. All cooking is done at your residence/facility anywhere in the world! Contact Daniel Lanzilotta on Facebook, firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-216-4446.
- Jordan Caterers http://www.jordancaterers.com/about/green.shtml
- Nicholas Roberts Fine Foods http://www.nicholasrobertsbistro.com/nicholas_roberts/about
- Aux Delices (Darien, Greenwich, Riverside retail) http://www.auxdelicesfoods.com/menus.html
- Plum Pure Foods & Catering http://plumpurefoods.com/about-plum/
- Santé by Chef Alex Gunuey, catering Farm-to-School lunches and special events. Contact via email at: email@example.com
- Skinny Pines LLC, a mobile brick oven caterer featuring local, seasonal foods that is also a regular vendor at the Westport and New Canaan farmers’ markets.
- The Perennial Chef, prepared foods and catering using their own organically-grown vegetables, locally sourced ingredients and sustainable seafood. Locations in Bedford Hills and Ridgefield.
How to Print a Town Guide
To print a Town Guide, simply click on the Print Friendly icon – the last option on the Share the Knowledge! toolbar located at the bottom of each page. Please take a moment to share the page with your friends on your favorite social media platforms.
The graphics, photos and copy on this entire website are copyright protected and therefore subject to copyright law and may not be used or reproduced without prior written permission.