If you’ve every driven down Bayberry Lane in Westport on a Friday or Saturday afternoon, chances are you’ve caught a glimpse of or visited the farm stand belonging to Belta’s Farm, the last working production farm in Westport. Belta’s follows organic growing practices and is currently taking names for their 2013 CSA waiting list. If you are interested in being added to their waiting list, email the farm at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following CSA description is from Belta’s website:
- You buy an annual share of the farm’s harvest. The share is picked up at Belta’s Farm each week.
- The program cost is $500.00 per share.
- The weekly share is a box full of fresh farm products worth a minimum of $25.00 each week.
- In July and August, crops are usually lettuce, scallions, garlic, peas, beets, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant, onions, spinach, broccoli and beans. In the fall we harvest potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, winter squash, and cabbage.
- CSA starts June 20th and goes through the first week of November for a total of 20 weeks.
Pick up days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 3 and 7:00 pm.
This post will be updated as we receive additional information from Belta’s.
Belta’s Farm, 128 Bayberry Lane, Westport, CT 06880
Farm stand closed for the season.