2014 Green Awards Nominations Being Accepted
By Analiese Paik
I rarely indulge in shameless self promotion, but I’m making an exception for Morris Media’ Group’s 2014 Green Awards. I’d love to win a Green Award in recognition of the contributions the Fairfield Green Food Guide (FGFG) has made to create a more sustainable community in Fairfield County. It’s readers like you that can make that happen.
Fairfield Green Food Guide is proud to be Fairfield County’s #1 destination for local and sustainably grown food resources, news and events.
We make it easy for you to choose local!
We are about to celebrate five years as the only website dedicated exclusive to helping Fairfield County consumers eat more local and sustainably grown food. The unique resources we provide are all generated in-house and are free to the public.
The deadline for submissions is Dec. 15, 2013 and winners will be featured in the April/May issue of Fairfield Magazine (which I was featured in as a Green Food Guru back in 2011!). Click here to nominate FGFG and other green businesses, individuals and non-profits you love. Consider all the farmers, artisan food producers, farm-to-table restaurants, retailers, farmers’ markets, farm-to-door services, and organizations that help you eat more locally and sustainably or otherwise embrace a sustainable lifestyle.
FGFG deserves your nomination because we are the only resource where consumers can find comprehensive guides to all the farmers’ markets, CSAs, organic farm stands, and organic restaurants in our county, plus farm and food news and events.
Our exclusive, award-winning content includes:
- 4-season guides to farmers’ markets
- 4-season CSA guides
- a guide to organic farm stands
- a guide to organic restaurants
- feature stories about farm-to-door services
- features stories about farm-to-table restaurants
- specialty/seasonal guides including how to source a local turkey and where to have a sustainable cup of coffee
- a dozen ways to eat green
- green food resolutions for the new year
- cast-off cooking and other seasonal recipes
- farm and food events, including our own
- a weekly e-newsletter with providing a recap of the week’s news and upcoming events
We are honored to have received the the Slow Food Snail of Approval award from Slow Food Metro North in February 2012. The award is given to “those who contribute to the quality, authenticity and sustainability of the food we eat and the beverages we drink.” Fairfield Green Food Guide was named a 2011 Green Coast Award Winner and won Best Website 2010, second place, in the Connecticut Press Club Awards.
Won’t you nominate us for a Green Award today? Thank you!