To spice up the winter blues, the Westport Farmers’ Market is challenging Fairfield County to prepare their best cabbage recipe on January 18 and bring it to the market for judging. We all know how delicious cabbage can be when prepared well, so please to participate and share your know how.
Entries must arrive at 10:30 a.m. to be judged by Chef Wirt Cook from Redding Roadhouse and Ryan Fibiger, head butcher and owner of Saugatuck Craft Butchery. The judges will declare a winner at high noon.
The winner of the Westport Farmers’ Market cabbage recipe contest will receive an organic juice cleanse from the Stand Juice Company, a value of over $300. The winner’s recipe will be shared with the 3,000 people who receive the WFM newsletter each week. There is one stipulation to the contest – the cabbage that is used must be from a local farm and the name of the farm must be noted with the entry.
- Cabbage Recipe Contest – contact Lori Cochran to enter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- January 18, 2014 -bring prepared cabbage dish to contest
- Entries need to be at the market by 10:30
- Contest begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Location – Westport Farmers’ Market, 7 Sylvan Lane, Westport, CT (Gilbertie’s Herb Garden)
- Judges: Wirth Cook (Redding Roadhouse) and Ryan Fibiger (owner and head butcher of Saugatuck Craft Butchery)
- Cabbage from a local farm must be used and labeled
- Email email@example.com to enter no later than Jan. 15
The mission of the Westport Farmers’ Market is to create and maintain a regional hub where real farmers connect with consumers over real food. In facilitating these interactions, the Westport Farmers’ Market strives to help food producers and food consumers forge lasting relationships that celebrate education, sustainability, healthy living, and just plain delicious food! For more information www.westportfarmersmarket.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org