2014 Organic Farm Stands of Fairfield County
By Analiese Paik
Fairfield County has more than a dozen organic farm stands that provide consumers with a convenient way to shop for the freshest, most flavorful herbs, produce and fruit.This season, make it a priority to buy local first by visiting a farm or farmers’ market before the grocery store. You’ll be surprised by the diversity of foods available and nothing tastes better, unless of course you grew it yourself!
This guide will be updated throughout the summer to reflect late openings. It’s best to check the farm’s website or Facebook page for schedules before visiting on holidays since most close or shorten their hours.
If you’d like to learn more about these farms, please visit our 2013 organic farm stands guide which profiles each one. Viv’s Veggies at Chestnut Farm is new and you can read our feature article here.
Please note that these days and times have not been updated for 2015, so please visit the farm’s website or Facebook page for the most accurate information.
- Sport Hill Farm, 596 Sport Hill Road, Easton; Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9 am- 6 pm, Wednesday 9 am-7 pm & Sundays from 11 am-5 pm starting May 17.
- The Hickories Farm, 136 Lounsbury Rd., Ridgefield; Open Friday-Sunday from 10 am-5 pm.
- Sticks and Stones Farm, 201 Huntingtown Road, Newtown; Open Monday- Friday from 10-4.
- Holbrook Farm, 45 Turkey Plain Road (Route 53 South) Bethel; Open Monday – Saturday from 9 am-6 pm, closed Sunday.
- Hubbard Heights Farm, 202 Hubbard Avenue, Stamford; Open Saturday from 10 am-4 pm.
- Ambler Farm, 257 Hurlbutt Street, Wilton; Open Saturdays from 9-2 starting June 7.
- Viv’s Veggies at Chestnut Farm, 227 Lyons Plains Road, Weston; Open Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 pm.
- Belta’s Farm, 128 Bayberry Lane, Westport; Open Fridays and Saturdays from 10 am – 3 pm beginning in June.
- Garden of Ideas, 647 North Salem Road, Ridgefield; Open daily 8 am until dusk.
- Warrup’s Farm, 11 John Read Road, Redding; Opens mid-July; please check website for hours.
- Speckled Rooster Farm, 67 Bayberry Lane, Westport; scheduled pick ups at the farm Tuesdays and Saturdays. Join the weekly mailing list via email@example.com to order.
- Farah’s Farm, 32 Horseshoe Road, Wilton; stand is open when the sign is up on the mailbox; honor system using tin box.
- Guy’s Eco Garden, 276 Leavenworth Road, Shelton; opens late July/August.
The copy, images, and photos on this site are copyright protected and therefore subject to copyright law and may not be used or reproduced without prior written permission. We strive to make our guide as accurate and updated as possible, but errors may appear due in part to changing schedules after the season has begun.