Winter 2015 Westport Farmers Market Opens November 14
The Winter Westport Farmers Market opens for the season on Saturday, November 14 at 10:00am. The market returns for a fifth season at Gilbertie’s Herb Garden on Sylvan Lane in Westport, and will run each Saturday through March 12.
This is a great opportunity to bring the entire family as you shop from your favorite vendors. Sip a warm cup of coffee or tea and let the kids snack on a pizza, tortilla soup and a sweet treat as you shop for your artisanal breads and cheeses, meats, baked goods, seasonal vegetables as well as a variety of salad greens that have been grown hydroponically in a greenhouse. Enjoy weekly lectures, cooking competitions and a demonstration series throughout the entire winter season. Mark your calendars for the events that interest you on the calendar below.
Vendors (* indicates a rotating vendor on a biweekly or tri-weekly schedule)
Doc’s Organic Maple Syrup*
Dorset Maple Syrup*
Healing Home Foods*
Huckleberry Artisan Pastries
Izzi B Allergen Free Baked Goods
Jane’s Good Food*
The Local Catch
Molly & Murphy Dog Biscuits*
Nutty Bunny Vegan Ice Cream
Om Champagne Tea
Paul’s Organic Dog Food & Treats
Sport Hill Farm
Sugar & Olives
- Nov 14 – Canned Jar Swap at 12:00 p.m.
- Nov 21 – Green Moon will showcase holiday activities.
- Nov 28 – closed
- Dec 5 – Cooking Competition – Home cooks compete with featured ingredient
- Dec 13 –Wreath Making – Gilbertie Staff
- Dec 19 – Vagabond Daughter – Organic vegetable fabric dying
- Dec 27 – closed
- Jan 3 – Compost lecture with Master Gardener
- Jan 9 – Joe’s Sprout tutorial – Gilbertie’s Staff
- Jan 16 – The Stand – learn how to cleanse with Carissa
- Jan 23 – Olive oil tasting and talk with Olivette
- Jan 30 – Sal Gilbertie talks gardening, greens, herbs and more.
- Feb 6 – Paul’s Custom Pet Food teaches us how to have healthier pets.
- Feb 13 – Topiary demonstration and lesson – Gilbertie Staff
- Feb 20 – Learn about tea with Wei from Arogya
- Feb 27 – CTBites’ Stephanie Webster demonstrates how to photograph food
- March 5 – Learn how to make perfume, the history of the industry and more with Wei
- March 12 – Spring planting – Gilbertie’s Herb Gardens staff