The Winter Westport Farmers Market will return for a sixth season in the greenhouse at Gilbertie’s Herb Gardens at 7 Sylvan Lane in Westport. The market will run each Saturday from 10 am until 2 pm, from November 12 through March 11.
Fall and winter vegetables, including squash, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, spinach, chard, leeks, and onions – to name just a few – fill the greenhouse, while artisanal breads, baked goods, pizza, meats, fish, cheeses, hydroponically grown greens, vegan and gluten-free desserts, coffee, tea, prepared foods, and even pet food, round out the palette. Each week the Westport Winter Market hosts guest vendors, weekly lectures, and demonstrations for adults and kids alike.
So bring the whole family on Saturdays to shop, eat and enjoy the special events. Sip a cup of coffee or tea while the little ones snack on pizza or participate in an activity. Please see below for list of events.
Healing Home Foods
Huckleberry Artisan Pastries
Izzi B Allergen Free Baked Goods
Jane’s Good Food
Mill Street Bar & Table
Om Champagne Tea
Sport Hill Farm
The Bee & The Baker
Two Guys From Woodbridge
- Nov 12 – Farm to Food Truck
- Nov 19 – Wreath Making with Carrie Gilbertie
- Nov 26 – closed
- Dec 3 – Cooking Competition – Home cooks compete with featured ingredient
- Dec 10-Box Tree Demonstration – Gilbertie Staff
- Dec 17 – Decorating your holiday table with Something Borrowed
- Dec 24 – closed
- Dec 31- New Year’s Eve celebration
- Jan 7- Arogya – Tea lecture and tasting
- Jan 14 – Cooking Competition – Home cooks compete with featured ingredient
- Jan 21 – Tractor Mac author and illustrator, Bill Steers
- Jan 28 – Prime Health Style’s Sue Smith cooking demonstration.
- Feb 4 – Why knowing what is in your pet food is important? Paul’s Custom Pet Food
- Feb 11 – How and why to cleanse. The Stand
- Feb 18 – Cooking Competition – Home cooks compete with featured ingredient
- Feb 25 – Topiary Making Demonstration with Gilbertie’s
- March 4 – Seed Starting with Gilbertie’s
- March 11 – Maple Syrup – How to do it yourself
The mission of the Westport Farmers Market is to create and maintain a regional hub where real farmers connect with consumers over real food. In facilitating these interactions, the Westport Farmers’ Market strives to help food producers and food consumers forge lasting relationships that celebrate education, sustainability, healthy living, and just plain delicious food!
The Westport Farmers’ Market also receives philanthropic support from the Town of Westport, Doc’s Organic Maple Syrup, Doris Ghitelman, Realtor, Cohen & Wolf, Prime Health Style, Fleisher’s Craft Butchery, The Whelk, Farah’s Farm, Sugar & Olives, CTBites, Saugatuck Grain & Grape, Wave Hill Breads, The Stand, Gilbertie’s Herb Gardens and Westport Sunrise Rotary.
Westport Farmers’ Market: Live Local.